Skip to main content

2010 Local Yarn Store Tour




I indulged in one of my favorite activities...growing my stash. Not that kind of stash! My yarn stash. With the tough economy and my unemployment, I knew I wouldn't be purchasing much but I did manage to make a few strategic buys.

Every year there is an event called the LYS Tour (aka Local Yarn Store Tour) which covers a large area in Northwestern Washington. Last year we (my mother, sister, and I) traveled as far north as Birch Bay, as far south as Kent and as far west as Bainbridge Island, and east to Issaquah. This year they added two stores out on Whidbey Island, increasing the miles we had to travel (570 miles to be exact) but providing beautiful scenery and adorable stores to visit and learn about.

Last year I bought quite a bit of yarn, I think to the tune of a few hundred dollars but this year I spent less than $75 and was shocked that I spent that much. We pared down expenses by bringing food and drink but still could not resist visiting Trophy Cupcakes and bought one for each of us. Oh, us consists of just my mother and myself. My sister became employed and hence could not come with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my