Skip to main content

Who Am I? A Lover of People

I suppose when one stares into the face of their own mortality, they ask themselves, "How will I be remembered?".  I did.  And I realize that I haven't an iota of control in that arena.  People will judge me as they will; by deeds, or the lack thereof.  I'm not even certain how I would want to be thought of if I were granted that power.

Add caption
I would like to think that I was a pleasant person for the most part though no one can claim a lifetime of pleasantness.  There were certainly many times when I was a pissant.  I'd like to think that pleasant outweighs pissant by a ton on my scorecard and that I don't count too heavily on my intentions.

I think I would like a shot at telling my story myself rather than have it told through others whom I may not have made my views clear to.  People have tried to tell me my views my whole life.  They have often made the mistake that by not verbally opposing them that I share their views.  This is not always the case, in fact, it could prove out to be rare.  I simply preferred not to quarrel my life away nor waste time and energy on useless debate.  Besides, I always liked to see where people were coming from and to enjoy them for who they were to me and not to dwell on a political or religious point of view.

Tina at Lake Quinault Lodge - 2011
Some will see me as a chameleon or a people pleaser and that is okay by me.  Some will feel betrayed by this knowledge and that is their privilege.  I love people.  I love to immerse myself in them for a time and get a sense of who they are.  I have deeply loved a few most of whom have deeply wounded me at some point and isn't that the crux of being vulnerable?  One can be deeply wounded.  I have been those: wounded and loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my