Skip to main content

Epic Fails of my Life

This is the most difficult blogpost I believe I'll ever write because it will "out" me like never before. This is a public blog; I have no illusions of secrecy or privacy. Only under the perceived protection of confidentiality, granted by various 12-step program sponsors, did I detail, share, face, and overcome the shame of my past.
  1. I was molested, repeatedly, by a male babysitter at 5 years old. I realize that I was not at fault for this, and I have gone on to use my tragedy to connect with and help to heal others.
  2. I engaged in risky behaviors from the age of 15 to 19, in the forms of underage drinking, promiscuity, marijuana, barbituates, cocaine, and LSD. 
  3. I was raped by a student doctor the night I ran away from home, at 15-years old. 
  4. I was raped by a sailor at an underage drinking party. 
  5. I cheated on my first husband, imploding my first marriage, affecting my daughter, husband, and myself, as well as our respective families, adversely.
  6. I believed, and entered into a sexual relationship, with a man who told me he was technically married but was ending the marriage. 
  7. I terminated a pregnancy by a married man. 
  8.  In a fit of jealous rage, I attacked my preteen daughter, lifting her off the ground, by the throat. 
  9.  I participated in 13-stepping, and said, "it's okay", after being informed by my partner that he had herpes, in early sobriety, ultimately, contracting the disease.
  10. I experimented with bisexuality and the swinger's lifestyle, in early sobriety.
This list should dispel any rumors of me being a paragon of virtue, or thwart any misguided efforts of pursuing sainthood.

And I am proof to the myth "once a cheater, always a cheater" is not true.I got sober, clean, and free of sex baggage; I have gone on to find a good man and never strayed. I have a great relationship with my daughter. I have managed to live a good socially-sensitive life.

Judge me as you will; your opinion is none of my business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my