Skip to main content

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring!

Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing.

Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level.

Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was "killing" them. As if I really had that much power. The drama was just too much. They admonished, "This is how people will remember you!". My explanations of "This is my voice", fell on deaf ears. Instead of using my blog as a platform of meaningful discourse, it was used as justification for physical and emotional abandonment

So, perhaps I've given you some insight into why I'm over the moon for any positive kudos I receive. Conversely, I'm also open to constructive criticism. Just consider this...This is a free form blog. I'm not looking for critical acclaim.

While you're here, please leave a message so I know it's being read and consider becoming a follower. Hey, thank you for reading. I hope you find something interesting, useful, or surprising.

Comments

  1. You know I'm here....but just for the record, 'they' are wrong - this blog is NOT how I remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog Tina and enjoy it immensely. I am learning so much about ALS and your life. Thank you. I get strength from you, wisdom, your encouragement, your patience, all benefit me. I am grateful to know you and you are in my prayers everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog Tina and enjoy it immensely. I am learning so much about ALS and your life. Thank you. I get strength from you, wisdom, your encouragement, your patience, all benefit me. I am grateful to know you and you are in my prayers everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina,
    Read your blog every day. Thank you for sharing your life with us, you're an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my