Skip to main content

Immortalized by the Seattle Cossacks

My image will live on in a promotional video (DVD) for the Seattle Cossacks. In 1995, I was very active in the motorcycle community, particularly the Harley Davidson motorcycle community. It was just before I bought my first Harley Davidson Sportster.

My boyfriend was a mild-mannered, tech-saavy, patch-holder in an outlaw motorcycle group. Whenever my boyfriend was too busy, I got shifted to his long-time friends, a successful, motorcycle-riding, married couple. I enjoyed this lively couple, logging many miles together when I finally took the plunge and bought my own ride. I was their third wheel for quite awhile and wouldn't you know, Rita, the wife, and I are captured for posterity flanking our Cossack friend, long-time bottom man, Dave Eady.

We were attending the Sun and Surf Motorcycle Rally in Ocean Shores, Washington, viewing the ever popular Seattle Cossack's stunt riding performance. Afterward, we behaved like groupies, chatting up several team members, but Dave was our favorite with his smiling, jolly face, big bear hugs, and flirtatious nature. About this time, their videographer caught us.

After I acquired my 1997 Harley Davidson Sportster Hugger 883, I commenced to ride the Hell out of it, embarking on many small rides and one big one--to Hollister, California for the 1997 Gypsy Tour Motorcycle Rally. On that trip, I had the opportunity to ride on the handlebars of Dave Eady's stunt bike through the grounds. What a crazy time! I had a blast selling beer coupons for charity.

On a trip out and about, away from the fairgrounds, Mr. Eady grabbed onto my handlebar, yelling at me to hang onto his, we locked our throttles, and tandemed down the county backroad at 45 mph. I was terrified but strangely exhilarated by this daring trick riding. I was a relatively new rider! You do not refuse trick riding with Mr. Eady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my