Skip to main content

Bad Day for the Ego

I decided to do a little shopping today since Thursday is my 10th wedding anniversary. Rod and I talked about doing our shopping in Portland (to save the sales tax) but I began thinking about how the majority of my shopping trips go with my husband...they suck! He gets bored easily and let's just face it, he doesn't want to spend the money. I'm glad I took this route even though I will likely "pay for it" later in disapproving looks and backhand comments.

I shopped the clearance racks (of course). I knew I had gained weight and expected to be buying big stuff and didn't want to spend a lot on stuff that I hopefully won't be wearing for very long. (Do you hear that psyche? I expect to go DOWN in size.) However, it is one day before my dot (a.k.a. period) and I wasn't exactly rockin' the racks. Crap!!! I guess that means my weight isn't just gonna evaporate away on it's own. I might have to actually make a commitment.

I guess I got a decent start today. I flew outta the house with my hair still wet to pick up some client work, then headed to the gym where I jumped on the scale...199 lbs...(I've been here before.) Though I experience a hint of relief for not crossing the 200 threshold, I realize that I have no wiggle room and I'm planning on a visit to VooDoo Donuts, Kenny & Zuke's Delicatessan and other assorted foodie hangouts while celebrating 10 years of marital bliss.

Did some stretching then climbed on the exercise bike for an hour (watching HGTV). From there I hit Cutter's Point for a mocha then went to Walmart and Kohl's to hit sale racks. I bought a few items after 3 long hours and armloads of rejects. I'm not exactly happy, let's just say I'm satisficed for now. At least I'll have something to pack for our overnight away.

I'm gonna start blogging my food starting now to gain some personal accountability. It's a start...

*******FOOD BLOG*******
16 oz. decaf banana mocha
3 tacos (3 microwaved corn tortillas w/beef & onion filling w/grated pepperjack, avocado and red salsa)
16 oz. 1% milk
Sugar-free Crystal Light pomegranate popsicle
9 strawberries, raw and unadorned
24 oz. water

Note: the popsicle and strawberries were late night snacks. I silently started to pray away my craving and thought that I should just go to bed but I succumbed to temptation and rationalized my overall lack of food for the day. Pooh! But tomorrow is another day.

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my