Skip to main content

Discovery in Oregon City and A Recap

It occurs to me that my world has become very small, smaller in the past week, as I have started the Deanna protocol. Not through any burden or limitation placed upon me, just life keeping on life-ing.  I have been neglecting my precious meetings which brings me into physical contact with treasured friends and new acquaintances and I must examine this neglect lest I isolate myself. (One of my quirks.)

Monday found me in Ritzville, extending a weekend visit with my husband and a close friend, then taking the long way home and stopping off at our cabin. Arriving home in the wee hours of Tuesday, I choose to sleep late, missing my meeting but getting a good start to the Protocol and conserving my energy. Wednesday through Friday I choose water aerobics and in so doing, opted out of my Thursday meeting due to schedule conflict, and of course to celebrate my husband's 58th birthday.  Wednesday, following aerobics, was an impromptu trip down to Portland to view deals on motor homes.  (When I say "deals", I mean dilapidated, faded and worn, embarrassed-to-be-seen-in pieces-of-crap. It is just where my wonderful and currently-unemployed husband is at the moment.)

Of course, any road trip for any purpose is always an occasion of discovery for me.  I will always find something to photograph and/or something delightful for my palate.  As we drove from bad to worse to view my husband's veritable bargains, I spotted a beautiful falls in the distance, which turned out to be not-so-beautifully surrounded by a deteriorating pulp mill and power generating plant in Oregon City.  You may have guessed Willamette Falls and you would be right.  We also poked around in a used book store and found an old Art Deco-style elevator built in 1956 and used to descend from upper Oregon City down to the riverfront.  The view overlooked the winding Willamette River and a beautiful bridge spanning the chasm.

My food discovery was in Beaverton, where we found a good (and affordable) Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Van, that served up a vermicelli rice noodle bowl containing catfish!  Bun Ca Ha Noi (grilled catfish) came with the shredded and pickled daikon radish, carrot, lettuce, fried onion, bean sprouts, cucumber, and peanuts but instead of a side of  Nuoc Mam (fish sauce), Hoisin (plum sauce), and hot sauce, they served it with a special pineapple sauce.  Delish, delightful, and different!  AND it worked for my blood type diet as it was vegetables, RICE-based noodles, CARROTS and PINEAPPLE, which are all blessedly on my "Highly Beneficial" list, that is to say, foods which work like medicine for my particular blood type.  Ding da ding, ding, ding!  Bonus!!  I was so inspired that I ordered the green tea for my beverage.  (Also on my Highly Beneficial list, but not high on MY list.  I just discovered an Oops! on my part as catfish is on my "Avoid" list.  Live and learn...but it was still awesome!)

By the way, I was up before the chickens (literally) and managed to make it to a meeting today where I was smothered in hugs.  Woo hoo!  Also, I am still going great guns on the Deanna Protocol.  I'm up to full dosages on all the vitamins and supplements I could find.  The Cysteplus and Neurochondria are due to arrive on Tuesday.

This must be noted because he did it without request...My husband made me steel-cut oats and added coconut oil and it was lovely.  He also juiced up carrots and an apple and served a side of sliced strawberries.  He is turning into a peach!  I am so very grateful!!!  He is also stepping up to be my pill organizer and doles them out right on time.  I am going to pine away for him when he heads back to work!  Unfortunately, he must work lest our financial lives come crashing about our ears.  I guess I'll find out who my friends are, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my