Skip to main content

Deanna Protocol Progress

On the average, I take 35 pills per day to follow the Deanna Protocol.  This includes chalky pills, vegetable capsules, and sublingual tablets.  This does not count the nine doses of Arginine Alpha Ketogluterate (AAKG) that I take mixed into fruit juice three times per day.  This is Day 18 on the Protocol and I'm doing much better at taking the hourly dosage of Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid (AKG) and getting the benefit of reduced fasciculations.  This is what I've been waiting for.

No sooner did I type the last paragraph when my middle finger on the right hand went into a rapid fasciculation and hammered my wireless mouse for a few seconds.  Admittedly, I got up very late this morning and started my supplement routine hours in arrears.  Also, as I recall, my fingers first stopped extending, then upon forcing an extension, they would trigger.  Next they spread from each other and would tremble and/or twitch.  I'm hoping the isolated fasciculation (or muscle twitch) is a step back in the right direction as it was mostly diminished, weakened, and uncontrollable.

Additionally, the cramps in my calves, feet, and the backs of my thighs have been relieved thanks to my massage therapist and the skillful application of manual ligament therapy.  My pectoral muscles were released allowing my arms to open more fully enabling me to backwards grab onto the pool rim to lift my legs to work on my diminishing core musculature.  These developments are such a thrill!

Also my gait has improved and I am using my cane a bit less.  However, I get a little tippy as evening nears and my husband worries.  I must admit that my hands and wrists are a bit weaker as it was difficult to work the foam barbells underwater with my right hand during water aerobics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?