Skip to main content

Four!

My husband took my mom and dad to the airport early Saturday morning.  What a good son-in-law he is! He even asked my dad if he put anti-freeze in his car. He did not and there's snow in the forecast! Whut whoa! My husband took the initiative and put in anti-freeze. I forgot to mention that they are on their way to Maui. I guess Dad had his mind on other things...

My husband had plans to ride his Harley to the Toy Run in Olympia. However, he forgot to do his homework and find out exactly where the event was. He rolled into the Black Lake area of Olympia and no Toy Run. I find this hilarious! Why? He owns a smart phone, and is such a luddite, he did not bother using his phone to get the location. Typical Rodney. Oh well, I guess we know why I got a big, stuffed, Emperor Penguin.

Rodney did bring me another installment of Tina's Twelve Days of Christmas. He found the cutest, little, novelty reindeer, actually the reindog creation from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. The Novelty? Press the tail and it "poops" a brown jelly bean! What's even better? They taste like root beer, not reindog poop!... err..Not that I've ever tasted reindog poop. Better still? I got four reindogs, thus an additional verse for my Christmas Carol.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...a glass pickle to hang in the tree. On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...two red poinsettias and a glass pickle to hang in the tree. On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...three chocolate Santas, two red poinsettias and a glass pickle to hang in the tree. On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...four reindogs poopin', three chocolate Santas, two red poinsettias, and a glass pickle to hang in the tree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my