Skip to main content

With Family Like This...

Wow!  Some members of my family are really sick despite being physically well. One of my sisters came here to straighten me out. Silly me, I thought she was here to visit me. I was just being repositioned after my first diaper change of the day. I'd been awake about a half an hour and was still thinking about my dream that got disrupted. I was eating Burger King Whoppers, fish and chips, fries with mayonnaise and ketchup. And I walking on a sidewalk, driving a car, carrying flooring panels, hopping up into the bed of a pick-up truck, keeping building materials from sliding out of the truck onto the freeway, signing my paycheck, discussing my plan to buy SPD Laundry on a busy corner in Chinatown with a Cambodian businessman. You know, all things I cannot do now. 

So, she asks me "What's this I hear about you throwing Rod out of here?" i try to answer her with, "I did not throw him out. He walked out." Unfortunately, I have severe dysphasia and my words come out unintelligible. I get frustrated and go my Tobii augmentative speech device and as I settle, I realize she is not here for me. She has an agenda. I painstakingly type out, "I don't need someone to fight Rod's battle s for him." next she asks "didn't Rod go look at homes for you?" I say yes and she understands me. Then she asks why I won't make a choice. Oh, I get it now. My husband has a pthological need to be "the good guy" and up against a wife with ALS, he has no problem discrediting my sanity so he looks like the victim. Although, he and I already had this discussion and were in agreement, he has seized upon this believable issue to make me seem unreasonable. Hence, he doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions. He's sick and tired of "being there" for his dying wife.

I painstakingly type out a question, "Are you here to visit or to take over (She leaves in a huff before I finish typing my sentence) where Rod left off?" She did not even give me the dignity of "hearing me out". What do you do with someone who refuses to see who you are? 

And more importantly, what do you do with a self-serving husband who has proved to me over and over that he won't be there for me, he will lie about me to bolster his own ego, he will steal from me? Before you dispute my  claims...It's a fact that I waited a year to go on my Disney cruise from L.A. To Panama Canal to Galveston, TX. He removed me from the itinerary one month before we were supposed to go. When he returned, he said he didn't even feel bad. He looted the accounts and colluded with his brother to hide money in gold and silver ingots, his brother, Stephan Flink, holds the titles on his Harley Davidson and two of his trucks, he sold two of our properties for less than full value to his family members when he was supposed list them for sale. He put the visible money onto our home mortgage but who knows how much he got paid in silver? And what happened to our tax  refund?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creep

  Have you ever used the internet to look up an old flame? How about an old arch-enemy? Did you have the intention to reconnect? Me neither.

I Remember...

I remember catching fireflies,  putting them in a jar, as a girl of five. I picked pears off a tree that overhung an alleyway on my route home from school, then enjoyed the forbidden fruit. .I had a golden cat who chased a gray mouse through our living room sending my mother, 3-year old sister, and me screaming atop the sofa and chairs. We lived in a farmhouse and I watched Romper Room. A daddy longlegs skittered across my dirty kid legs as I teeter-tottered on a broken kitchen chair back. I played grocery store and laid out a bedroll for group nap time in preschool. We lived in an apartment attached to a bakery. My maternal grandparents visited and a photo was snapped. Grandma held Dawn and Grandpa held me. I held Grandpa's chin. Walking through the back of the flour-caked kitchen, I saw scrumptious pastries and colorful toys stuck in the cupcakes with my hungry kids eyes. We lived in a two-story apartment building next door to a large farmer's field.  That field was my