Skip to main content

Challenge to Blog

Had trouble getting to my blog today. Got up late, just in time for lunch. Got my "office" set up then logged in. (an everyday challenge) Just got to Blogger when I was pressured to go to the diningroom. I know better than to go in before 12:30 because I just sit there watching trays get passed and other people eating. Lunch gets delivered hot and on time but it cools before I get to it. Hot food is a thing of the past. As is healthy food.

I get bored and leave my table. I get reeled back in but a pungent aroma hits me from the next table over. Oh! No way! I can't eat next to that smell and off I go again. I tell the aides what the problem is and none of them understand me. What a waste of time and energy! I head back to my office but see a nurse that understands me and I get my point across. The offensive odor gets neutralized and I get to eat my cold stew at 12:30.

After lunch I get back to my office, get Blogger back up, and my massage therapist shows up. Now, I am not ungrateful, I drop everything for a massage. The blogging must wait. I get in a few paragraphs then Activities breaks out the nachos with cheese and salsa. You know I'm not missing that! A couple more sentences and nurse has medications ready. Drat!

Back to the blog and a few more lines and my husband arrives wearing his Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks Championship Jersey. But he has arrived sans pizza...A few more words...OMG! The nurse is bugging me for meds, again! A few more lines and a hot Ultimate Meat pizza from Papa John's shows up with my husband attached to it. It is game day and the kick-off just happened.

Phooey!  Blogging can wait. Good thing I don't have anything brilliant to say. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?