Skip to main content

A Woman's Work is Never Done

(even without children)
1). Get up with alarm at 5:30 am (hit knees to ask God to direct my day),
2). Get self ready for work, (place a load of laundry in the washer),
3). Go to the bathroom, (clean out the toilet, pick-up any towels and put up new ones),
4). Grab lunch from refrigerator, prepare a nutritious breakfast of yogurt or whole grain cereal, (pick-up previous night's mess, time permitting),
5). Drive to work, stop off at Starbucks or Cutter's Point for a decent cup of coffee,
6). Work a full-time work schedule with a half hour lunch break,
7). Clock-out of work, stop off at bank and/or post office for the office on the way home,
8). Make any number of side trips on the way home such as: nursing home to visit husband's mother (drop off payment once-per-month); grocery store if something needed to make dinner or for the weekly shopping; Sam's Club for monthly AA cake and/or stop off at Chase to deposit weekly AA monies; Reber Ranch to pick-up wild bird food; TJ Maxx to check clearance racks,
9). Arrive home to love up the cat while sitting in the bathroom doing my business,
10). Pick-up any cosmetics, clothing, or clutter left out from morning routine.
11). Do another load of laundry, fold the morning laundry, etc.
12). Pick up the clutter from livingroom left over from the night before,
13). Pick up any dishes or kitchen mess left over from the night before or the morning,
14). Figure out and/or prepare dinner or abandon the idea in favor of junk food or dining out,
15). Pick up any dishes or kitchen mess, if not too tired and/or lazy,
16). Water plants. indoor and/or outdoor,
17). Mow the grass of our 1/2-acre - split into 2-day chore, if necessary and weather-permitting,
18). Sit outside for awhile (weather-permitting), play with the cat, read a book, download an audiobook, play with my photography, blog, or watch mindless television, (intersperse with the following chores: hand-trim bushes, fill the birdfeeder, pull some weeds, water the lawn dragging around 3 hoses, make sure the bills are paid in a timely manner),
19). Make sandwiches for lunches, (clean up the mess and try to figure out tomorrow's meal plan)
20.) Prepare coffee and set for automatic start for 3:30 am,
21.) Prepare for 9 pm bedtime, setting alarm to go off at 5:30 am for myself, (maybe do a last load of drying or set the dishwasher),
22.) Insert earbuds to listen to an audiobook chapter. (Thank God for the blessing of another day.) (Oh yeah, prepare to show interest if husband is in-the-mood).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?