Skip to main content

A Girl Walked Into a Bar...

1I met my husband in a neighborhood bar. (There, I've said it.).

Friday night, riding my Electric blue 1997 Harley Davidson Sportster Hugger 883, I'm not going to make it home to use my own powder room, An odd neighborhood enclave enroute houses a grocery, a dentist, a yarn shop, a bar, and a bowling alley with a cocktail lounge. I chose the bar, hoping they served root beer on tap. (Understand that I was clean and sober a year and a half and actually determined to stay that way.)

I park my pride and joy up on the sidewalk and under the eaves, dutifully securing my fork locks. I hitch up my black leather chaps, unsnap my leather kercheif, and unzip my classic leather biker jacket, and stride in like I own the place. I place my order, do my business, and "belly-up to the bar" as they say. Even though it's the first time I've been to this bar, and months since I've been to any bar, an acquaintance from the Christian Motorcycle Association (CMA), walks in the door. He tells me that a bunch of our friends are across the parking lot, at the cocktail lounge dancing to live music. I agree to meet them there later, after I go home and get out of my work clothes. And I do.

I have one heck of a good time dancing with this bunch of people I consider safe. I'm not looking for anybody, just an evening of dancing with reckless abandon. I dance so much that I overheat and walk out the front door to check on my motorcycle and grab some fresh air. I note a big black 1997 Harley Davidson Electri-Glide parked right next to my bike. Warning bells are going off in my brain...I haven't been out and about at night in so long and here I am getting stalked by an ex-boyfriend whom I consider to be very toxic to me. I ball up my fists and stalk  back in, ready to fight for my right to be left alone to live my life. (So much for my Christian beliefs.)

I'm looking for the scoundrel and I don't find him, but I do see a new biker holding up the wall, right behind my chair and he doesn't look too bad. I approach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...