Skip to main content

Holiday Party

Got a chance to let my party goblin peek out a little at Bailey Boushay House, in Seattle, Washington. God, I love these parties!!! They are a real boost to my spirit. Day in and day out, I am in my room, pleasant as it is, I get starved for new understanding peeps to interact with. Additionally, I need new foods to pass over my bored palate. (Sorry, Daniel, as good as your food is, I am not accustomed to the limits set by institutional standards, for my level of dysphagia.)

Thanks to Chef Daniel, I got a chance to sink my teeth into...wait for it...Beef Wellington, Stuffing, Sourdough Bread, Caprese Chicken, Cranberry Pear salad, and Broccolini. Following a fantastic meal, Chocolate Lava Cake accompanied by thick, rich, and creamy Egg Nog. How do I convey the deliciousness? My eyes rolled back and my taste buds practically sang. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

♪ Tis the season to be jolly, ate my fill, plus cake by golly. Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la ♪♪

Not only did we dine, we got to listen to live music, holiday standards like Silent Night, Joy to the World, Gloria, and Jingle Bells, and newer tunes, like Santa Baby. Christmas caroling was the objective and Sandra grabbed the microphone and treated us to a duet with the songstress. Drop the mike, Sandra! You nailed it. And drop the...spatula?...whisk?...spice bottle?...because you nailed it, too, Chef! And, while we are at it, Volunteers, you rock! 

Topping off my night, I met a new friend, here at the hospice facility. He and his daughter dined with us and we were able to give a few tips, and an alphanumeric communication board. It still feels good to be useful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?