Skip to main content

Protocol Update

This is Day 14 for me on the Deanna Protocol.  Apparently an update was posted to the Winning the Fight website on February 24th and I neglected to check for recent versions until today.  The main change was the elimination of one of the expensive substances, NADH, for a lesser expensive and more effective one, Niacin (flush free).  While this is good news overall, I have a whole unopened package of the former.

My husband noticed that he was miscalculating dosages for me with regard to the folate.  It's easy to get emotional as it directly affects my health and this is the third product on the protocol he boo-booed on.  I figure this should be my responsibility but he is pretty darn possessive about it.  Truth be told it is nice to not be burdened with trying to open so many bottles each day but I do wish the surprises like that would end.  One other substance we can't seem to get right is the AKG capsules which must be taken every hour that I am awake.  An hourly chime would be awesome but not the egg timer he recently set beside me.  That damn thing about made me jump out of my skin.  Seriously, my heart cannot take it.  My hyper-reflexivity is a real issue.

Still tracking my food, water, and exercise on LiveStrong.com and sticking pretty close to the food choices on the Blood Type diet.  Tonight was Sockeye Salmon, Asparagus, and Green Salad.  Each day since tracking I've come under my calorie allotment.  I'm really hoping that the scale will soon tell the tale and find me a bit lighter.  My pants are incapable of telling the truth as most days I wear colored Green Tea sweatpants due to my urge incontinence.  Wish it weren't so.  And also with the loss of muscle control, I just pooch-out all over.  Sad, but true.

On a positive note, I mowed part of the lawn today.  My husband and I picked up the small fallen branches from the lawn, then he shoveled the tops off the mole mounds, filled the gas tank and pulled the ripcord.  Suffice it to say that I made progress.  It was by no means perfection as I wavered all over the yard.  No more straight lines.  This is the new normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...