Skip to main content

Home Movies

My husband finally had my VHS-c tapes transferred to DVD format. Oh what fun! And illuminating as well! I've been binge-watching these DVDs ever since.

They contain the most precious of memories. Memories of my daughter and my first husband and me. It's obvious to me how in love with our daughter we were. Still are, speaking for me. I don't speak for my now ex-husband.

What I discovered, or was able to reaffirm, was that I was a good mother and my exhusband was a good father. My mother-in-law was exceptional. Exceptionally patient, kind, and generous. This, I always knew. I don't know who I mourned more with the loss of that first marriage, my husband or my mother-in-law or sister-in-law. I loved them all so much. My daughter, I loved most of all. Still do.

I also saw how much I favor my grandmother. While my immediate family are of similar mindset, I am different. Whether it be nature or nurture, I turned my back on their lifestyle and attitude. That doesn't make me better than. It just makes us of a different mind. I've always striven for better and more. I can see it in my mode of dress, the husband I chose, the jobs I took, my furnishings, all of it.. I do not apologize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...