Skip to main content

Technical Difficulties

I learned today that when I fail to blog, my "fans" begin to worry. Fair enough.


If I may explain... Sometimes I'm blogging but not posting because I'm not able to finish the post due to technical difficulties with the Tobii or because the eye gaze isn't properly tracking my eyes or simply because I bonk (or run out of energy). Sometimes I cannot get centered on a topic and work on book reviews on Goodreads.com instead. And, still others, I've taken the time and energy to blog and post only to lose the whole shebang to an errant eye-click and I know that my blog software has lost three very important posts that I'm aware of! Totally demoralizing!!!

As I tell my father every time I call him...I'm not dead, yet!  LOL!

Comments

  1. Hi, Tina,
    This has nothing to do with your post, but I was thinking of you today. We got a "new" bunny - Herbie. We called him that because he's a Love Bug. One of the daughters of a social worker saw me bring the rabbits to the nursing home, and she said, "Hey, do you know anyone who wants a special bunny?" I asked for details and she said he was seized from an abusive home, after being rehomed from another abusive home. He was emaciated, totally fur-less and had huge corneal ulcers. The vet had fed him up and treated the ulcers. His fur had grown in but he was blind and they couldn't place him.
    That didn't matter to us, so we took him in gladly, as one of our beloved bunnies (the one that sat with you on your bed) had just hopped over the rainbow bridge. Our youngest boy took charge of him and he loves him. Herbie's a lop, white with grey spots, and blue eyes because of the corneal issues. He wants nothing more than to snuggle up to us and when he gets really content he makes a purring noise and drools. For a bunny who'd been through so much, he trusts absolutely and loves unconditionally. He does occasionally trip over someone's shoe when he's running about in the living room and they've forgotten to put it away, but his nose-and-whisker navigation is extraordinary. I was thinking "Oh, I wish Tina could meet Herbie - he'd sit on her bed for sure!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Herbie sounds wonderful. I've not forgotten FuzzyWig! Good memory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kate

I think about my friend, Kate Struby, who died from this horrible disease in 2013. She lived here at Bailey Boushay House before I did. I reached out to Kate online through FaceBook because I loved her photograph with her head thrown back in laughter. I also loved her posts. I guess I just loved her spirit. I got to finally meet her one month before she died. I happened to be at the University of Washington Medical Center for my quarterly appointment when I saw her FaceBook post. She was awake and in the medical ICU. She was a mere few floors down. I would not be stopped. Relativeor no, I would meet my FaceBook friend. Thank God I did. I rolled into the room to find a beautiful, ethere.al woman flanked by two friends. Although it was an impromtu visit, she said she knew me immediately.I was in awe of her with her fiery spirit despite the ravages of our shared disease. She, unable to lift even a finger, lifted my spirit.

Gratitude For Reading

People are reading my blog! I cannot express my gratitude enough. My heart is soaring! Before I got ALS, it was a minor interest amongst many varied interests. Today, I am unable to physically participate in many of my prior interests, like motorcycling, photography, knitting and other handicrafts, hiking, traveling, painting, drawing, going to the gym, working in the garden, doing housework, canning, and cooking gourmet or ethnic foods. Therefore, I am more focused on the ones that are most accessible to me, such as reading via audiobook or e-book, television, movies, meditation, music appreciation, and writing. Like the blind man who's sense of hearing and smell is heightened, I'd like to think my crippled body has made me more attuned to things more on the spiritual and sensual level. Initially, when some members of my family read my blog, they chose to focus on what they viewed as negative. The feedback I got was harsh and personally critical. .I was told that I was ...

Disrespected, Again...

It's 10 pm, I've accomplished nothing to speak of. I watched one movi, "The One I Love", a Twilight Zone-esque story on a couple trying to reconcile. And, one television show, "Running Wild with Bear Grylles" guest starring Channing Tatum. OMG!!! And, I ate some dinner. Tonight was chicken gumbo, chili, cornbread, oatmeal cookies and ice cream. Not much of a day. Nope. I was looking forward to my husband's visit but when he called at 5 pm, he mentioned that he was in Ritzville (by Spokane) working on his trailer with Darryl (the other jerk that took my cruise without me).  I do not begrudge my husband having a life away from me. However, as I keep telling him, I don't appreciate being purposefully left out of loop and disrespected by being left waiting for his disrespectful ass. Any questions?